[Tweeters] Siberia Corrrection

Jeff Gibson gibsondesign at msn.com
Sun Aug 13 13:23:25 PDT 2017

In my last post, " Our Migration Problem" I identified Wrangell Island, source of Russian Spies (Snow Geese) as being in siberia. That was my Russia ignorance .

My big sister Margie, arctic explorer, just informed me that Wrangell Island is located in the Russian far east, while siberia makes up the central part of that vast country.

Really, most of what I know about Russia comes from two sources.

If you're old enough , you may remember Boris and Natasha, the Russian spies who somehow wound up on the ol' Rocky and Bullwinkle show- "Moose and Squirrel" as the soviets referred to them .

The second source is the wonderful Akira Kurosawa film "Dersu Uzala ", beautifully filmed (in Russia). It's the most powerful movie I've seen about the change from the "old" ways, to the "new" ways. You might wanna check it out.

Jeff Gibson

not in Siberia, Wa.