[Tweeters] eclipse time

earthman1950 at whidbey.com earthman1950 at whidbey.com
Mon Aug 21 17:36:24 PDT 2017

I birded for nearly three hours this morning at our place on south Whidbey
Island, and I did not notice any unusual behavior. It's a quiet time of
year, but the regular birds of late were still hanging around, 34 species
on this day.
The only thing that might come close to a reaction that I noticed was that
a robin sang for a couple minutes at the edge of the woods right when the
eclipse was at its max, something that I haven't heard in late morning in a
few weeks.
We noticed the odd look to the light, and the temperature dropped off some,
but it was still probably lighter out than if a thick cloud layer had come
in.

George Heleker
Whidbey Island