[Tweeters] Eclipse bird behavior in Silverton, OR

mary hrudkaj mch1096 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 22 07:23:19 PDT 2017

I and a non-birding friend left at 4:10am from Tacoma for Silverton, OR. About 15 minutes before totality some small birds, unknown species came in to roost in the rafters of the senior center where we were parked. It was getting quite dark and cold already. The temperature must have dropped 15 degrees. Later in the morning as we slowly made out way back north we found turkey vultures and red-tail hawks soaring on the warming and lightening sky. An amazing adventure.

Mary Hrudkaj

Belfair/Tahuya