[Tweeters] Western or Semipalmated Sandpipers?

Barry Brugman bbrug15 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 17:02:36 PDT 2017

This morning at the Redmond Retention Ponds (just north of Perrigo Park in
Redmond) I saw a couple of peeps that I would like some opinions on. I'm
not sure if they are Western Sandpipers or Semipalmated Sandpipers. Below
is a link to a web page with pictures of them. Any help would be much
appreciated. In addition to your opinion, it would be very helpful to me
if you gave your reasons for it.

As a bonus, there is also a picture of the Solitary Sandpiper that was
there this morning, showing off its barred tail. Scroll to the bottom of
the page.

Here is the link to the pictures:
http://www.barry15.com/2017_Birding_Reports/December.html

Barry Brugman