[Tweeters] Willets at Tokeland

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 25 21:12:49 PDT 2017

I had seen only a single report of Willets at Tokeland this year.  I tried for them there at the marina this year and at first saw none, but then I went up to the boat launch and found more than 20 on the grassy outcropping just north of the launch.  They later flew to the island where there were also a half dozen or so Marbled Godwits.
Earlier on the incoming tide at Bottle Beach a flock of 450+ Godwits, all Marbled, made a brief appearance as did 50 or so Black Bellied Plovers and 140+ Short Billed Dowitchers.  Nothing unusual.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android