[Tweeters] Long-tailed Jaeger at Woodland Bottoms

Russ Koppendrayer russkope at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 20:41:34 PDT 2017

Hi Tweeters,

Today (8/30/17) I found a LONG-TAILED JAEGER on the beach just north of the
parking lot of Martin's Bar in the Woodland Bottoms. This was just before
noon, and the bird managed to disappear when I was distracted, so I don't
know which direction it headed. I waited to post until people more familiar
than me with jaegers had agreed with my tentative ID, as this seemed a
really unlikely spot for this species. A couple digiscoped photos can be
seen on my eBird post at

Russ Koppendrayer
Longview, WA