[Tweeters] San Diego Birds

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 22:03:07 PST 2017

I visited San Diego earlier this week and was able to get in some birding at La Jolla Cove, Cabrillo National Monument, Anza Borrego State Park and Tecolote Canyon Natural Area. I missed some birds but was able to get some decent photos of several that I had not photographed before as well as some old favorites.  I have a zillion hummingbird photos and am still trying to be sure that what I think is an Allen's Hummingbird is not a Rufous.  Some shots are visible at the following flickr links and I hope they work:
Miscellaneous San Diego County January 31-February 2, 2017

| | |

| |

Miscellaneous San Diego County January 31-February 2, 2017
| |

La Jolla Cove

| | |

| |

La Jolla Cove
| |

The weather was gorgeous - 68 to 76 with no rain.  The week before it was rainy and cold and there was so much snow in the mountains that many roads were closed.
An additional comment - the San Diego Zoo is awesome - great animals, great design, super docents - extremely well maintained.  Birds in the various aviaries are terrific!!