[Tweeters] Hummer in Snow, again! / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Sun Feb 5 19:48:05 PST 2017

Hi Tweeters,

Well, while shocked at the Superbowl outcome, I looked outside, and was also shocked to see it snowing!

Our poor hummer was pelleted by rain last night. I could hear it on the roof and knew the poor little thing was out there in it. Now the snow flurries are here again, after last week on her probable first night on eggs.

It's been a flurry of activity at the feeders too. While she was on the nest, there were two other females and one feeding intermittently. One which seems to be a juvie let me get quite near it as I refilled one of the feeders. I think it may be the one that sat on my finger last year!
It has no chin to speak of and is quite small compared to the others. I'm trying to see where they might be nesting.

The snow is sticking - I just hope she's keeping warm. Wondering about torpor in the nest. Guess she doesn't have to worry about falling over.

I always check the nest first thing in the morning...cross your fingers!!

Caryn / Worried Wedgwood Hummer Mama