[Tweeters] Snohomish County Golden Eagle Continuing

Carol Riddell cariddellwa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 19:38:35 PST 2017

I found the first year Golden Eagle at the west end of Thomle Road this afternoon, about 3 p.m. A flock of about 2000 Snow Geese were in the field. The eagle was at rest on the dike to the west. It stirred up the Snow Geese several times and flew among them. At one point it came into the field and was eating on something, not a Snow Goose. After about half an hour it settled in on the west side of the dike where it could not be seen. Thanks to Marv Breece for reporting this bird on January 31st and for making his photos available. I know there have been some intervening sightings on Boe Road. Some of my distant photos are in this eBird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S34234502 <http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S34234502> .

Carol Riddell
Edmonds, WA