[Tweeters] Snow Falling on Ducks

Jeff Gibson gibsondesign at msn.com
Wed Feb 8 20:26:21 PST 2017

I started my yesterday on the way home from a trip to Puncture Junction New Mexico. I went from dragonflies and temperatures in the 60' at Bosque Del Apache NWR, to snow at Sea-Tac after a Boeing Big Bird flight from Albuquerque to Seattle. Along the long jet lagged night drive back to Port Townsend I saw one bird - a Barn Owl flying low in front of my headlights near Chimacum. Cool.

This morning after a near noon wake up, I trucked down my street to be blocked by scores of Mallards waddling across the road in a mini snow blizzard. Today they were joined by Crows and Glaucous-winged Gulls which, for some funny bird reasons, only show up at the duck-feeding yards during "extreme" weather.

More Puncture Junction news to come. For now it's nice to be back in my natural Puget Sound habitat.

Jeff Gibson

world traveler

Port Townsend Wa