[Tweeters] Hummer relief / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Sat Feb 11 10:15:27 PST 2017

Hello there,

Our little hummer mama met me at the feeders this am as I went out to fill them. She chowed down as I stood still and talked with her "Hello little bird"...

I then went to the scope and waited for her to fly in and momentarily she arrived and settled in. Since "the weather" has finally calmed down (for how long?!) I think she and I are both a bit relieved.

It's hard not knowing if she's sitting on unviable eggs - you think that would be evident to her - does any warmth usually eminate from eggs that small? But wondering if she will lay two more. Now that the snows have gone, I'm going to look for any signs of her extricating the eggs from the nest. Either way, she remains vigilant and on her little thimble.

Life is good. Since the weather is good, I may leave my nest and see who else is out there, warming their wings. (Hi J. ;-)

Caryn / Relieved Hummer Mama

A reminder - if you haven't read it, be sure to read Terry Masear's "Fastest Things on Wings / Rescuing Hummingbirds in Hollywood" - very informative about the bird, their care, and the trials and tribulations of saving them. It's a roller coaster ride of emotions. If you love these little birds, it's a must read. No one is paying me to say this. ;-)