[Tweeters] 15TH annual Owls by Day WOS Fieldtrip

Mike & MerryLynn m.denny at charter.net
Sun Feb 12 18:54:26 PST 2017

Good Evening All,

Yesterday's 15TH annual Owls by Day WOS adventure was a hoot-there were
13 of us out under sunny skies-light wind here and there. Crunchy snow
in many places-softer snow as the day warmed up to 39 degrees- Wonderful
group to take into the field looking for owls. Thank-you to each person
that came out and supported this WOS field trip. We had a blast and saw
the following owl species: 7 Great Horned Owls, 3 Barn Owls, 5 Northern
Saw-whet Owls, 13 Long-eared Owls and 1 Western Screech-Owl. Try as we
might to located a pair of Great Gray Owls that were reported in the
morning from the the Blue Mountains we just could not re-locate them. So
we ended our day with 29 owls of 5 species. Good stuff for sure. Other
birds of interest were Harris's Sparrow, Coopers Hawk and Rough-legged
Hawks. Wonderful weather after 6 weeks of snow and cold.

Later Mike Denny

--
Mike & MerryLynn Denny
Birding the Beautiful Walla Walla Valley