[Tweeters] off-topic RFI Korea and Japan birding

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 19:11:02 PST 2017

Dear Tweeters,
This summer, a friend and I will visit Mongolia for an all-too-quick birding trip. My friend has less time than I do, so I think I will do some birding in South Korea, and perhaps Japan as well.
One idea I had was to take the ferry from Busan, S. Korea to one of the handful of Japanese cities where the ferries go. I think I can pad my species count with the extension to Japan, compared to birding in just Mongolia and Korea. I also hope to see some seabirds on the ferry ride.
Suggestions from knowledgeable Tweeters would be most welcome indeed.
Yours truly,
Gary Bletsch