[Tweeters] FOY Band-Tailed Pigeon

mary hrudkaj mch1096 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 11:31:57 PST 2017

While washing dishes after getting some bread ready for rising I noticed a really fat mourning dove out in an evergreen tree. I looked again and realized it was a Band-Tailed Pigeon.

Every year between the first and middle of February the band-tailed pigeon people sent an emissary up to my place to see if I still live here and if there is still food available. Within a week there will be 2-3 more and by mid March the whole flock will be here. Last year the flock was about 50 birds, some of which dispersed before breeding fortunately for me.

What with the bandies coming in and the skunk cabbage beginning to bloom I do believe Spring has sprung.

Mary Hrudkaj
Belfair/Tahuya