[Tweeters] Hummer Update / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Tue Feb 21 11:08:40 PST 2017

Hello Tweeters,

Well, time has spoken. This morning at 7:30 I ckd in the scope. She was not on the nest so I waited - and waited. Afraid at 21 days thru all kinds of weather she has abdicated her throne. My hopes that she may have laid two new eggs has apparently not taken place. For now? I'm hoping she'll try again.

Checking my calendar from the first hummer nest we found (2014)(same pine tree - nearly the same height) I realized it was a full 3 weeks later that full time nest/egg sitting had begun. Perhaps the fluctuations in weather confused the timing.

Having gone through different phases and experiences - the highs (literally and figuratively) and lows - of hummingbird nesting, I'm learning both the joy and angst of nature - from a tiny bird in my own backyard.

Stay tuned...

Caryn / Wedgwood

Sent from my iPhone