[Tweeters] Fwd: Wolves can change rivers

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Wed Feb 22 14:42:27 PST 2017

Hi, Barb.

That’s a great video, entirely true, and the reason the narrator called the Elk “deer” is because he’s British. The animal in the UK that looks like an Elk is the Red Deer, and the two were considered the same species for a while but have since been split into two again. It is a little surprising that no one ever clued him in, but perhaps the video was made for a British audience.

Dennis

On Feb 22, 2017, at 12:00 PM, tweeters-request at mailman1.u.washington.edu wrote:

> Message: 3

> Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 16:11:29 -0800

> From: Barbara Deihl <barbdeihl at comcast.net>

> Subject: [Tweeters] Fwd: Wolves can change rivers

> To: Tweeters at u.washington.edu

> Begin forwarded message:

>> From: Barbara Deihl <barbdeihl at comcast.net>

>> Date: February 21, 2017 4:09:49 PM PST

>> To: barbara deihl <barbdeihl at comcast.net>

> net-venture.com>, Ron ben-shalom <ron999 at gmail.com>, alison voinot <twerpz at msn.com>, rick rosenberry <rrosenberry at msn.com>, Mike Hamilton <mikeham44 at comcast.net>

>> Subject: Wolves can change rivers

>> https://weloveanimals.me/released-14-wolves-park-no-one-prepared-unbelievable-nature11/

>> In spite of the slight problem of calling the elk "deer", this video explanation of the wide reaches of the effects of a top predator on not only it's prey, but potentially it's entire habitat, to the major betterment of such habitat, seems to have a good chance of being true (i.e. facts, not 'alternative facts' ).

>> Let me/us know if any of you discover that this is "bogus" :-)

>> Barb Deihl

>> Matthews Beach Neighborhood

>> barbdeihl at comcast.net

-----