[Tweeters] needing pictures of local beavers and mt. beavers

Christine Southwick clsouth at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 24 13:55:22 PST 2017

There is an incorrect urban myth that purports that there are no beavers (dam-building beavers) here, but only mountain beavers, which aren't beavers at all, but burrow in hillsides.

I have seen many beavers locally--in the Thornton Creek watershed, Union Bay, and several other places.
I have stepped (fallen into more accurately) many a mountain beaver tunnel while walking hillsides in search of birds.

Do any of you have pictures of either local beavers and/or mountain beavers, that you would would be willing to share with readers of the Shoreline Area News? As always, you would be given photo credit.

Thanking you in advance for your help to root out this urban myth.

Please send your pictures to me at clsouthwick at q.com

Best Regards,

Christine Southwick
NSeattle/Shorelien