[Tweeters] UnCruise Adventures birding trip

Joe Sweeney sweeneyfit at mac.com
Fri Feb 24 16:47:40 PST 2017

Dennis Paulson didn’t ask me to add my two cents, but I gladly will anyway. I was on this cruise last year when Dennis was the onboard nature/bird expert, and I had a great time. I generally don’t like cruises, but this didn’t feel like a cruise, which is exactly the point the company is trying to get across with the name “UnCruise.”

Since I’ve only lived in the Pacific Northwest for a few years, I enjoyed exploring/hiking some areas I was not familiar with, including Hood Canal and some out-of-the-way spots in the San Juan Islands, including Sucia Island.

The best nature sighting for me on last year’s cruise: 2 Minke Whales.

Dennis is a perfect fit as the onboard ’nature guy,’ and his evening talks/slide shows are informative as well.

Check out the trip route and itinerary and see if this ‘un’ cruise is for you.

Joe Sweeney
NE Seattle
sweeneyfit at mac dot com

sweeneyfit.wordpress.com