[Tweeters] OT: Nikon p900 superzoom for serious bird photography

James P. Beneteau beneteau at wavecable.com
Sat Feb 25 16:51:33 PST 2017

I have not but did buy the Nikon P610. Just did
a comparison and the only difference in specs I
could see was that the 900 was double the weight. (??)
However, that said, I'm not that happy with the
P610. The autofocus sometimes insists on being
out of focus at certain zoom lengths and I have
to change the zoom to get it to focus. It isn't
quick to switch between auto and manual focus
either for those tricky shots where there is something in front of the bird.

Jim Beneteau
Arlington, Wa