[Tweeters] Intergrade Northern Flicker in Kalama, Washington

A & S Hill 60stops2home at kalama.com
Mon Feb 27 13:08:07 PST 2017

During the snow flurries today, I noticed a male and female pair of Flickers
on the suet feeder. The male showed all the typical marks of a Red-Shafted:
orange-red underwing, white rump, black breast band, spotted belly, red
malar, gray face and throat.

With one additional feature: red crescent on nape.

The feeder is far away from the house. Wish I had a camera on my binoculars.
I watched him for 5 minutes before I thought I might have a chance to
actually photograph him. Nope. He flew off as soon as I got the telephoto
lens and camera out.

A couple of hours later, though, he returned. Photos are here in my flickr
photostream: https://flic.kr/s/aHskRMoWJ9

Amy Hill

Kalama, Washington

628 feet up in Cowlitz County