[Tweeters] Bohemian Waxwings continue for 2017 in Jefferson & Kitsap Co

Matt Bartels mattxyz at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 1 17:24:43 PST 2017

Happy New Year, Tweeters -
Today I chased recent sightings of Bohemian Waxwings in Jefferson and Kitsap Counties - fun way to start the year.

Jefferson County —
On Marrowstone Island, I was unable to relocate any Bohemians, but there were many Cedar Waxwings present near the old church, and perhaps a little luck would have turned one up there. I moved over to Port Townsend, and walked around the neighborhoods near Kah Tai Lagoon — after a bit of wandering, I hit the Bohemian jackpot at the corner of Cass and Garfield — this is uphill and a couple blocks from the lagoon, on the east end, uphill from where the Retirement home is. At least 15 Bohemians present, but probably more — in a big flock w/ Cedars & American Robins.

Moving to Kitsap Co., I was lucky to find one or two Bohemians right where they’ve been previously reported - at Kitsap St. x Soundview, a couple blocks east of Fort Ward Hill Rd.

Matt Bartels
Seattle, WA