[Tweeters] Yellow-billed Loon Gardiner Beach

Jfgatchet jfgatchet at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 12:30:25 PST 2017

This morning I spotted a mostly breeding plumaged Yellow-billed Loon while scoping Discovery Bay from my yard. The bird was about 100 yards from me. It was easy to see the upturned yellow bill through my scope. I was able to get some good pictures from the Gardiner Boat Ramp area. I will post pictures tomorrow to my EBird checklist. The Bird was drifting on the incoming tide and floated down the bay to the east. The bird did not dive the whole time I observed it.

John F. Gatchet
Gardiner Beach

Sent from my iPhone