[Tweeters] VanLake area - Brant NO, Dog YES

Lyn Topinka pointers at pacifier.com
Wed Jan 4 17:17:53 PST 2017

a very good day ... the missing dog survived the freezing cold, the local coyotes, and the Eagles which hang out around Vancouver Lake ... after people searched all day long, the dog was found on Port property by Port people ... and, as I understand it, the Port folks even came looking for the searchers to get them on the dog !!! ... thank you Port !!!

Gene and I spent over 5 hours searching AND birding as we went ... it really was like chasing that "rare bird" with "birders" all spread out and keeping in touch with everyone ... we had LOTS of birds to get a good start on FOY ... no Brant however ... but we DID find a gorgeous Hermit Thrush, a first for me along the Vancouver Lske Lowlands ... yea !!!

I thank all the local birders who kept their eyes open for that 4-legged creature today.

Lyn

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone