[Tweeters] A Sparrow Kind of Day (Sikes Lake - Both Harris's Sparrows YES)

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 12:24:14 PST 2017

Hello Tweets,

I have had a great sparrow morning in the Snoqualmie Valley! My list is as follows:

-Song Sparrow
-SWAMP SPARROW: Lifer nemesis at Carnation Marsh! Great, brief views just north of the bridge.
-Lincoln's Sparrow
-White-crowned Sparrow: At least one Gambel's at Sikes Lake zono flock.
-Golden-crowned Sparrow
-White-throated Sparrow: Singing among the zono flock at Sikes Lake.
-HARRIS'S SPARROW: **TWO** continuing Harris's Sparrows in the zono flock along the gravel road just NW of Sikes Lake! Initially spotted by Joshua Rudolph. Photo of both perched near each other!! This is the road off of NE Carnation Farm Rd. marked by the sign First Light Farm. Viewing accessible by walking along the shoulder to the gravel road.
-Spotted Towhee
-Dark-eyed Junco

Great birding, Joshua Glant
Mercer Island, WA