[Tweeters] new birds coming in

Christine Southwick clsouth at u.washington.edu
Sun Jan 8 15:15:00 PST 2017

With the wind and the warmer weather, I had new birds today:

First of year:
Varied Thrush (VATH) male (still haven't heard it yet);
Oregon Junco two that were color banded four and five years ago.

Also I made a positive ID of a Slate-colored junco (thought I had seen one last weekend, but didn't get long looks due to the cold.

And yesterday afternoon I had a positive ID of a male Purple Finch (PUFI)--raspberry head, and color on the wing bars, eating the small crabapples on a tree I purposely planted for the birds.

Also, I saw four Spotted Towhees all out at the same time.

Warmer weather is sooo welcome.

Christine Southwick
clsouthwick at q.com
N Seattle/Shoreline