[Tweeters] Ross's Goose on Fir Island today

ELIZABETH THOMPSON calliopehb at comcast.net
Sun Jan 8 18:58:43 PST 2017

Hi Tweeters, I got out today to try out my new scope and also to avoid all my household chores for which I really didn’t want to do. I thought I could get out and do a little bit of birding before the rain started but bombed on that wish. However, I did spot a Ross’s Goose ( adult ) amongst a large 8,000 +/- flock of Snow Geese. they were located just north of the bridge which crosses over the North fork of the Skagit River. I got several nice looks at it and a couple bad shots with my camera. I was trying for a better picture when an Immature Bald Eagle swooped in and stirred the pot. I kept taking pictures but so far haven’t located the Ross’s Goose in flight in any of the many pictures I took.
Happily Birding and not doing chores.
Beth Thompson
Arlington WA