[Tweeters] Common Eider

Bruce blabar at harbornet.com
Mon Jan 9 08:57:25 PST 2017

After looking at the excellent photos that Eric Heisey took yesterday of the Eider at the Purdy spit in Pierce county, we are confident that this is a Common Eider. Ken Brown found this bird last Thursday and several of us have seen it through the weekend. However, the bird was usually far away for good photos and we presumed that it was a female King which is more likely. I have been in touch with several birders including Ryan Merrill and we all agree that this is a Common. This is maybe the fourth record for Washington and first for Pierce 🎉🍾. Directions are on our Ebird and tweeters posts.
Bruce LaBar