[Tweeters] Dead Short Eared Owl at Eide Road this morning

Chris McNally mcpoodle2 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 14 15:43:52 PST 2017

I was up at Eide Road this morning to photograph the short eared owls and harriers. I was about 25 feet out in the grass from the main parking lot watching some harriers in flight. I looked down and found a dead short eared owl a few feet away from me. One wing was stuck out and it appears to have been shot. I looks like it has been dead for a bit. I showed it to other photographers. I have it bagged and on ice and will contact the WDFW on Monday. This saddens me!!!

Sent from my iPhone