[Tweeters] Sick swan at Crescent lake, Monroe update

Martha Jordan mj.cygnus at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 21:22:59 PST 2017

Since Dec 31 we have been keeping track of the sick swan on the slough at
Crescent Lake south of Monroe. It has been reported to WDFW hotline and
myself by many, many people over the past 14 days. It could fly weakly on
Dec. 31. Since then it has been on the slough, and too lively to capture.
Then the freeze. Today we went out and picked it up. It had become too
weak to avoid capture.
Sadly, it had lead poisoning and was euthanized.

Meanwhile, enjoy the birding on the wildlife areas. There is lots to be
seen besides swans and waterfowl.

Martha Jordan
Executive Director
Northwest Swan Conservation Association