[Tweeters] Falcated Duck Continuing

cariddellwa at gmail.com cariddellwa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 14:59:57 PST 2017

I headed to Padilla Bay after a midday appointment, disregarding the forecast of rain and heavy wind (other than taking serious rain gear and boots). By the time I reached the parking lot for the north end of the Padilla Bay trail, atbout 2 pm, there was no rain but heavy wind. A number of cars pulled in right behind me, several from an Audubon field trip. So there were plenty of scopes, binoculars and cameras. Others were already out on the trail with scopes pointed at the flock of mostly American Wigeons. The flock was fairly close to shore so everyone got on the Falcated Duck pretty easily. I think everyone at least got diagnostic photos, if not pretty photos.

Thanks to Rick Klawitter for first posting this duck and to all others who are keeping the list serve informed.

Carol Riddell
Edmonds, WA