[Tweeters] Golden Eagle at Padilla Bay (but no Falcated)

John Puschock g_g_allin at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 18 16:15:38 PST 2017

I was at Padilla Bay from about 10 am to about 1 pm. During that time, there were no sightings of the Falcated Duck, and John Gatchet, who was there before and after I was, said there were no earlier sightings.

There was an immature Golden Eagle to the west of Indian Slough (the southernmost part of the bay in this area), and two "Storm Wigeons" and two or three Eurasian Wigeon were in the fields east of the bay with several hundred American Wigeons, Northern Pintail, and Mallards, plus a single Gadwall and a female Bufflehead that spent some time on one of the puddles. Very few ducks were actually on the water, possibly due to high winds.

John Puschock

Matthews Beach, Seattle