[Tweeters] Hermit Thrush

Steve Krival stevekrival at live.com
Wed Jan 18 19:36:56 PST 2017

For the past month I've had a Hermit Thrush in my yard in an older Seattle neighborhood. I'm wondering how unusual this is. The little fellow spends a great deal of time simply perched on a low branch, on top of a wooden fence picket, or on my coiled garden hose. It seems to be about as curious about me as I am about it, peering at me through the windows, and seemingly impervious to my staring at it from a half-dozen feet away for as much as 30 minutes at a time.