[Tweeters] Hermit Thrush

Christine Southwick clsouth at u.washington.edu
Thu Jan 19 07:24:40 PST 2017

My neighbor in southeast Shoreline, has had one coming to her feeders for much of the feeder watch sessions. I haven't seen this one, but she has shown me the Hermit Thrush picture in Sibley's, so I'm pretty confident that she has ID'd the bird correctly. I live about a block away, and in the past, I have banded both a Hermit Thrush and a Swanson's Thrush, so I know that a Hermit Thrush is entirely possible. This one is mainly eating the dried mealworms in the suet cylinder.

Christine Southwick
N Seattle/Shoreline
clsouthwick at q.com

On Thu, 19 Jan 2017, Steve Krival wrote:

> Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 03:36:56 +0000

> From: Steve Krival <stevekrival at live.com>

> To: "tweeters at u.washington.edu" <tweeters at u.washington.edu>

> Subject: [Tweeters] Hermit Thrush

> For the past month I’ve had a Hermit Thrush in my yard in an older Seattle neighborhood. I’m wondering how unusual this is. The

> little fellow spends a great deal of time simply perched on a low branch, on top of a wooden fence picket, or on my coiled garden

> hose. It seems to be about as curious about me as I am about it, peering at me through the windows, and seemingly impervious to

> my staring at it from a half-dozen feet away for as much as 30 minutes at a time.

Christine Southwick
Pharmacy Administration
University of Washington Medical Center
Box 356015
1959 NE Pacific Street
Seattle, WA 98195-6015
phone: 206-598-7398; fax 206-598-6075

This electronic message transmission contains information which may be
confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the
use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this
electronic transmission in error, please delete this message. Thank you.