[Tweeters] Red-shouldered Hawk in Pacific County & Barrow's Goldeneye in Wahkiakum County

Barbara Webster barb5.webster at comcast.net
Sat Jan 21 21:24:36 PST 2017

Hi Tweets,

Paul and I found some interesting birds while visiting the southwest corner
of the state. Yesterday we found a Red-shouldered and a Rough-legged Hawk
on the Chinook Dike Road and a Great Egret on the bay off of Stringtown
Road. Today while heading east up the Columbia on Hwy. 4 we found a
Barrow's Goldeneye with several Common in a pond on the left side of the
road to Altoona. There were large numbers of waterfowl on both sides of the
road, including one Eurasian Wigeon. We also found a Merlin further along
the road to Altoona.

Good birding,

Barbara Webster
Seattle