[Tweeters] Townsend's Solitaire and possible Dusky-type Canada Goose, Camano Island

David Poortinga dpoortinga at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 18:19:15 PST 2017

At Iverson Spit Preserve this afternoon, a Townsend's Solitaire was actively feeding in a madrona stand on the dike--right next to a bench before the dike curves to the left.

Also, on Iverson Road, a large Canada Goose flock contained one bird that looked very dark in the field. I thought it was a fulva Canada Goose, but I'm not sure if a parvipes could look similar to this. Would appreciate any feedback. Photos attached to my eBird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S33874896

David Poortinga
Arlington, WA