[Tweeters] A question on the Rosario Head Rock Sandpiper

William wrboyington at msn.com
Sun Jan 22 18:36:48 PST 2017

Tweeters,

After reading Kaylin Ingalls's deascription of the orange-based bill and bright orange feet of the bird in question, and after consulting my Sibleys and National Geographic guides, I can 't helping thinking those field marks more closely resemble a Purple Sandpiper than a Rock Sandpiper. I wonder if individual variation would still make it a Rock? Does anyone have photos that would confirm the Rock ID?

Bill Boyington
Shoreline, WA

Sent from my iPhone