[Tweeters] TWEETS: use of laser pointers on field trip

Devorah the Ornithologist birdologist at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 00:48:54 PST 2017

what is the goal of using a laser pointer on a field trip? to terrify birds
into flight?

here's a video featuring the use of a green laser pointer on frightening
birds that you should see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWEfMTPQCCA

i've found a red laser pointer is consistently terrifying to my flock of
birds (parrots and songbirds).

in my opinion and experience, a laser pointer has no place on a
nature-watching field trip.

--
GrrlScientist | @GrrlScientist <https://twitter.com/GrrlScientist>
Blogs: Forbes <http://www.forbes.com/sites/grrlscientist/> | Evolution