[Tweeters] Interesting Day At Stevens Pass

David Parent dpdvm at whidbey.com
Fri Jan 27 17:51:55 PST 2017

The upper (highest) parking lot was quite birdy at noon today after my ski session. A far cry from the expected RAVENS, NORTHERN FLICKERS and GRAY JAYS. I ski here almost every Friday and rarely see anything but the above. Must be the weather? The trees above the lot and the one directly lower were full of feeding flocks consisting of RED-BREASTED NUTHATCHES and MOUNTAIN CHICKADEES. A small flock of four CASSIN'S FINCHES was gleaning discarded crumbs from the snow in the lot and a BLACK-BACKED WOODPECKER was working over a snag above the upper lot. Birding...timing is everything!

Dave Parent, Freeland, WA, dpdvmATwhidbey.com

Sent from my iPad