[Tweeters] Malheur NWR occupation update: this time they will just give it away

Ed Swan EdSwan2 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 29 13:01:17 PST 2017

Birders and conservationists should be following what's happening in
Congress regarding public lands. Votes took place recently to create a
framework for handing out our public lands that belong to all US citizens to
private entities or to states that will then pass them on to private
parties.

The Seattle Times today has an article discussing this at:
http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/us-house-approves-changes-to-ease-t
ransfer-of-federal-lands/

Also the Trust for Public Lands has a statement at:
https://www.tpl.org/media-room/trust-public-land-statement-house-provision-p
ublic-lands-transfers#sm.0004z8qp0166fdzky812j4e7wyqcx

I wonder if our spring migrants returning over our southern border have to
worry about the reaction of DHS and ICE.

Ed

Ed Swan

Nature writer and guide

<http://www.theswancompany.com/> www.theswancompany.com