[Tweeters] Snowy Owl in Doug. County

merdave at homenetnw.net merdave at homenetnw.net
Mon Jan 30 18:32:15 PST 2017

Finally! I thought we might go a winter birding season without a Snowy
Owl, but we found one today. It was on the east side of Road H, east of
Mansfield. It was between the cross roads of 15 and 16, and close enough
to road 15 we could see the signs. A very dark bird, sitting on top of a
knoll, about 1/3 mile away.

Yesterday we saw a Gyr on N. Division, west of Mansfield. It was on the
east side of N. Division at road 26 (which is not plowed). You can drive
all of N. Division at this time. Meredith Spencer, Bridgeport