[Tweeters] Help with sandpiper ID, please

Philip Dickinson pdickins at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 16:12:04 PDT 2017

EBird data shows that Baird's actually is more common here than Sanderling
in July. The long wings, the facial pattern and the bill look good to me
for Baird's. However, I am still learning the finer points of these
nonbreeding shorebirds, so I am interested in what other feedback you
receive. I, too, have not seen many Baird's.

Phil Dickinson
Lake Stevens