[Tweeters] aphid control?

Lee Tenneboe magicdeelee at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 12:25:05 PDT 2017

Hi Tweeters, I need some help please. I have been striving to turn my condo balcony into a hummingbird haven with feeders, a fountain, a bird swing and as many hummingbird friendly plants/flowers that I can manage. The aphids are taking over. I sprayed a fruit and vegetable safe insecticide on a couple of plants they don’t seem to like, but I’m not convinced that a spray supposedly ‘safe’ for humans is safe for a tiny little hummer. I don’t want to spray anything, but the aphids are killing the blooms that the hummers would feed on, so I just don’t know what to do. Any suggestions on how to get rid of those darn aphids that is safe for hummers? Thank you in advance for your help!
Lee