[Tweeters] aphid control?

Jeff Kozma jcr_5105 at charter.net
Mon Jul 10 17:31:49 PDT 2017

I picked up a container of ladybugs at my local Co-op in Yakima to take care of aphids on my Cuphea 'David Verity'. They are a great alternative to sprays. Within about 5-7 days, all my aphids are gone. I even noticed on the second day after release ladybugs were mating on my plants and laying eggs. I tried mail order but our mail gets put in central metal box outside with others in our development and they fried with the summer heat. So, I buy them locally and they work well. I also did this to control wooly aphids on my crabapple tree. I treated the tree with ladybugs and green lacewings for 2 years...I now have no wooly aphids on that tree.

I swear by ladybugs.

Jeff Kozma

Yakima