[Tweeters] Banded Cormorant at Ruston Way

Hans-Joachim Feddern thefedderns at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 23:50:45 PDT 2017

Does anybody around here color-band cormorants? I observed a Double-crested
Cormorant with a yellow band on its left leg this afternoon on the pilings
at Dickmann Mill Park, Ruston Way, Tacoma. It was in the company of another
unbanded individual. They actually struck me more like Brandt's Cormorants,
but had yellow chin patches.

Also on the pilings was a sleeping Glaucous-winged Gull shading her two
downy young offsprings. In addition, on another piling an Osprey was
craning its neck for a fish worth a dive.

Good Birding!

Hans

--
*Hans Feddern*