[Tweeters] Old friends out east

Josh Hayes Coralliophila at live.com
Tue Jul 25 14:42:02 PDT 2017

Tweets,

I'm visiting family in New England, and we have enjoyed seeing the common birds we don't get out west. Blue jays, mockingbirds, and cardinals.

Today, somewhat less common birds: purple martins, tons of ospreys, lots of sanderlings, catbirds. And one liter: Several delightful little piping plovers. Charming little things!

When people visit me in Seattle, they exclaim about our jays. After catching up with these old friends, I am reminded that even the most common humdrum birds are still that: friends. We should appreciate them, even the ones we see every day.

Josh in cloudy Falmouth MA

Sent from my Windows Phone