[Tweeters] Solitary Sandpiper - "Redmond Retention Ponds" Perrigo Park - King County 7/26/17

Barry Brugman bbrug15 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 18:36:59 PDT 2017

I was there this morning, and I saw two Greater Yellowlegs, a Spotted
Sandpiper, and a group of 6 or 7 Least Sandpipers (only saw two until they
flew), along with the usual Killdeer. I have pictures of all of those and
none were Solitary Sandpipers. There were Barn Swallows flying over the
water and a couple of Vaux's Swifts were with them. It was the best look
at Vaux's Swifts I've ever had. That was at about 9:30 this morning. I'll
probably go back tomorrow morning and look for the Solitary Sandpiper.
There were a couple of them there last year in August, for a week or more.

Barry Brugman
Kirkland