[Tweeters] Solitary Sandpiper at Perrigo Park

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 21:07:00 PDT 2017

With thanks to Rick Tyler for directions I found the solitary Solitary Sandpiper at the Perrigo Park (well sort of) ponds at 8:30 tonight.  In the small pond per Rick's post.  I had never been to the area and mistakenly went to the park itself.  After lots of walking and seeing no water, I wrote Rick and asked him to call.  Turns out the ponds are "near Perrigo Park".  Actually just off 95th before you get to the turn to 196th which takes you to the park itself.
Nice habitat with good mud right now.  Least and Spotted Sandpipers on the main (larger pond) which you see almost immediately when you enter past the concrete blocks.  The Solitary was with a Killdeer on the very small pond which is just past and to the right of the main pond.  Good combination of exercise and target found.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android