[Tweeters] OT: Eastern bats

Josh Hayes Coralliophila at live.com
Sun Jul 30 07:15:37 PDT 2017

Hi tweets,

I'm spending the week at the old family cabin in Vermont, and when we arrived yesterday in the twilight, there were several bats flitting about. (Not an expert by any means, but I think big brown bats. Too big to be little brown bats.)

I had thought that the white-nose fungus pretty much wiped out eastern bats, but I guess these ones don't know about it, or survived it, or something. It made me feel hopeful, something I have not been feeling lately. Yay bats!

Josh in sunny Brookfield VT

Sent from my Windows Phone