[Tweeters] Redhead, Canvasback & banded Harlequin, Drayton Harbor, Blaine WA

Eric Ellingson abriteway at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 4 18:00:22 PDT 2017

OMG a Redhead! No it was only a Canvasback sitting close up on a log next to a Harlequin Duck and a scaup. Looking further out into the marina another red headed duck. This one was with a scaup and was a Redhead. A first in this county for me.

To add further interest the Harlequin Duck next to the Canvasback has a silver band and appears in a couple photos to have a wire transmitter off its tail.

https://flic.kr/p/UfmQ5R

[X]Redhead<https://flic.kr/p/UfmQ5R>
Drayton Harbor, Blaine WA. New county bird for me!

[https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4265/34293046873_15a2d8ed80_b.jpg] <https://www.flickr.com/photos/ericellingson/34293046873/>
[https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4265/34293046873_15a2d8ed80_b.jpg]

https://flic.kr/p/VtW5F4
[X]Canvasback<https://flic.kr/p/VtW5F4>
Drayton Harbor, Blaine WA. The Harlequin Duck looks to have a silver band and a wire transmitter off it's tail too.

[https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4257/35103005865_12056c776d_b.jpg] <https://www.flickr.com/photos/ericellingson/35103005865/>
[https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4257/35103005865_12056c776d_b.jpg]

Eric Ellingson