[Tweeters] Return of the Magnificent Nighthawks

notcalm at comcast.net notcalm at comcast.net
Thu Jun 8 02:25:39 PDT 2017

Tweeters,
I saw many nighhawks flying, calling, interacting and feeding Tuesday evening in several areas of Eastern WA. The previous evening, I heard one, well after sunset.
For me, they are the official start of Summer. One of my very favorite species. I tried to film them for awhile and finally stopped and watched them through my binocs for a long time. Really magnificent bird.
Also, many chats were on their territories- belting out their many interesting songs- even in the middle of the night. I have often heard them call though out the night at this time of year.
Dan Reiff